Thursday, July 10, 2008

Thank You


While Mamaw and Papa were here, they celebrated their 58th wedding anniversary. YES 58 years. Thats almost unheard of these days. When my great mamaw (papas mom)was alive we used to sit and listed to her tell stories of when she was married (at 15) and how they worked on the farm etc. and i thought that was soooo neat. Well i got to do that with Mamaw and Papa this past week too.... how they met, working when they were younger, raising their kids, all sorts of things. It was really neat and really an inspiration. Sometimes I feel CRAZY and I have only been married 6 1/2 years only have 2 kids and they are girls! I cant imagine being married 58 years having 5 kids the only girl being my mom, having 13 grandkids and 9 GREAT grandkids.... Thats amazing. we are all very lucky to have mamaw and papa and hope they know how much we love them and look up to them. happy anniversary - we love you.....thanks for showing us all what it means to love and never give up even when things are hard...

2 comments:

Kim said...

Wow...58 years, that's great! I haven't see them in years but they look exactly the same as I remember them.

Mimi said...

Yep, they are truly thr HEROES of out family....and role models of unconditional love.....we do dearly love you both Mamaw and Papa..