Friday, February 6, 2009

Scrap

I was tagged by Lacy to "honestly scrap" about myself.

Who knew there were rules for "scrapping"? They are:
A. First list 10 honest things about yourself - and make it interesting, even if you have to dig deep!
B. Pass the award on to 7 bloggers that you feel embody the spirit of the Honest Scrap.

Lori's Scrap

1. I cannot believe that I am going to be 30 years old this year. I dont feel that old, and i dont think I look that old. I just dont think the i have met my own expectations about where I would be at 30, but I cant tell you what those expectations are either... I know WIERDO

2. Even after living in Texas (away from my family) for 7 years, I still cry when I leave them to come back here after a visit. And in any conversation, if I say HOME i mean mom and daddys house.

3. I am hard on myself for not being the wife, mother, daughter, sister, friend that I think I should be.

4. Even at 30 years old, well almost, there are things that I wont do or say in front of my parents.... out of respect I guess, or fear they wouldnt approve... Lacy thinks that is the DUMBEST thing ever, she always says your almost 30...

5. When i say I love you, i mean it. Not just a little, not saying it to have something to say. I mean it and can back it up. And I get annoyed when I can tell people just "say it" and dont really mean it.....

6. I am turning into my mother... grey streaks and all...

7. I wish I could go back and do College again..... with the knowledge i have now..

8. I love 90210, the old and the new....

9. I want to be the example to my girls that my mom is to me, and a good mom to them like lacy is to Emma and Ella, and as strong and giving as Loni is with Maddie

10. I am hurting for my sister and Justin and Maddox more than I've ever hurt for anyone, but this situation has brought us closer than we've ever been...ever...and I'm thankful for that. This was lacys answer but is mine as well.....i have never felt this way before and dont know how to deal with it.

Let's see......how about:
Angel Hill
Lynn Pruitt
Lindsay Lovoy
Lyndsay Cunningham
Anne Yarbrough
Stephanie Drew

2 comments:

Mimi said...

There could be worse things than turning into to me.....I think you all are doing a great job at being Mom's......

We are the Smith Family said...

Lori.....you are a great mommy and friend! We have both been blessed with wonderful motherly examples. You and I are so much alike in that we are our own worst enemy and critic....hold your head high girl....just look at those two angels of yours and there is no doubting you are doing a great job!!! Hugs across the states!!!